This was my mom’s favorite dessert and she would have so loved this day!
National Pecan Pie Day
Five Food Finds about Pie
- Approx. $700 million in pies (approx. 186 million units) are sold in grocery stores every year.
- Pumpkin pie was first introduced to the holiday table at the pilgrim’s second Thanksgiving in 1623.
- Pie was not always America’s favorite dessert – in the 19th Century, fruit pies were a common breakfast food eaten before the start of a long day.
- More than one-third of Americans have eaten pie in bed.
- Boston Cream Pie is a cake, not a pie.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1730 Josiah Wedgwood was born. English inventor, artist, world renowned pottery designer and manufacturer. His daughter, Susannah, was the mother of Charles Darwin.
1817 Henry David Thoreau was Born. American author, philosopher, and naturalist. Author of ‘Walden; or, Life in the Woods.’
1859 William Goodale of Massachusetts patented a paper bag manufacturing machine. At one time…
View original post 157 more words